BHere are various forms and information which you may find useful:
Cost of Scouting at 2nd Coatbridge –
These cover the general running costs of the section like heating and maintaining the hall, badges for you child and running the weekly programme.
- Beavers, Cubs and Scouts cost £12.50 per month (£150 per year). £10 goes to running the weekly programme, badge costs and hall running costs. £2.50 is used to pay the yearly insurance (capitation fee) for your child – this is set by Scout headquarters.
- Explorers Cost £3 per week. For Explorers there is also the additional yearly capitation fees of around £30 due the end of February.
Camps and Events:
The cost of these vary from section to section. For example a weekend Scout camp is typically £25 where a Cub camp may be £45 due to Cubs staying indoor which is an additional cost. These are example costs and not definite numbers.
Uniform (prices correct as of April 2018):
- Beavers – Blue Beaver Sweatshirt £14
- Cubs – Green Cub Sweatshirt £14.50
- Scouts – Scout Shirt £20
- Explorers – Explorer Shirt or Blouse £24
Often sections will have a small stock and you can purchase directly from them.
These are yearly fees paid by all members of the Scouting movement and are generally around £30, this can change. We have no influence over this as it is set at a headquarters level covering the cost of headquarters costs, development of scouting and most importantly insurance for your child when they are Scouting! For Beavers, Cubs and Scouts these are incorporated into the monthly fees.
Booking a hotel for a holiday/short break/business?
If you are using booking. com and book via our our link www.booking.com/?aid=1203737 then we will receive a donation from booking.com once you’ve stayed and paid. It must be booked via our link, you will see our logo at the top of the page. The cost will be same to you but you can feel good that you’ve contributed to the Scout Group funds!
Now you’ve got an excuse to book that well deserved break!
Fundraising Committee –
Within the group we have a fundraising committee this is vital to the running of the group. If you think you could help out speak to your section leader today!
Gift Aid Form –
Gift Aid is a great way to raise fund in the group. For every £1 you pay in subscriptions we are able to claim back 25p from the government. That’s £30 we can claim from a years subscriptions! Don’t delay fill out a form today! This is done digitally contact your leader if you haven’t yet received an online gift aid declaration.
Kit List –
This is just a general suggested kit list and may be incomplete. General Camp Kit List
Some general notes:
- A waterproof jacket should ideally be a proper waterproof jacket not a ‘Pac A Mac’ type jacket.
- Sleeping bags should be rate for at least 2 seasons. The sleeping bag is VERY important – especially when camping outdoors! Warm sleeping bag = happy faces.
- Self inflating mats are a great way to keep warm and have a nice level of comfort.
Spending that little bit extra on kit mean it will last much longer and they’ll be much more comfortable. The discounts below will be a great help in building up your kit:
The discount can also be used online.
If you need any help get in touch!